Application deadline: 31/10/18
Number of vacancies: 1 – 2
We are looking for bioinformaticians to join different research areas at VHIO. The scope of the work will be mostly linked to the analysis of genomic data related to cancer diseases. Successful applicants must be able to work independently across multiple projects.
- Bioinformaticians with a PhD in biomedical sciences or similar experience (i.e. 3-4 years’ experience and peer-reviewed publications for senior candidates and a recently granted PhD in the case of junior applicants).
- Knowledge/experience in Cancer Genomics.
- Familiarity with raw sequencing data (FASTQ) as well as other common formats (SAM/BAM, BED, etc.), command-line tools (bwa, samtools, bedtools, etc.) and biological databases.
- Experience using GNU/Linux systems, preferably Ubuntu.
- Fluency in R. Knowledge of Python and other programing languages will also be favored.
- Proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of statistical modelling or machine learning is a plus.
- Salary conditions according to experience and profile.
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), created by José Baselga in 2007, has established itself as a comprehensive cancer centre of proven excellence internationally. It is thanks to Josep Tabernero´s directorship and VHIO´s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d´Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d´Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO´s pioneering model and programes, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
VHIO´s translation toward precision oncology: http://www.vhio.net
Please email a cover letter with scientific interests and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Ref. 14/2018” as the subject line in your email.