Ref. 4/2020 Post-Doctoral position al Growth Factors Laboratory
VHIO seeks a postdoctoral researcher to join our Growth Factors Research Laboratory led by ICREA Research Professor Joaquin Arribas.
The group focuses on cancer biology research with a truly translational approach.
We have generated a comprehensive platform of patient-derived experimental models from breast and pancreatic cancer. More recently, the group has implemented Humanized PDX models (Hu-PDXs) as a successful tool to characterize anti-tumor immune therapies.
Our research lines center on Translational research against HER2-positive tumors including the characterization of mechanisms of resistance to current therapies, the development of novel therapies and the preclinical characterization of T cell-based therapies against HER2 positive tumors. The Characterization of the role of cellular senescence in breast cancer progression and treatment, and the Evaluation of novel anti-cancer therapies in our panel of breast and pancreatic cancer patient-derived models.
We are looking for highly motivated and talented postdoctoral candidates with a strong background in cancer biology. Candidates must have at least one first author publication in a prestigious journal.
- Rius Ruiz I, et al. (2018) Sci Transl Med, 10(461). pii: eaat1445.
- Pedersen, K, et al. (2017) Oncogene, 36(40):5639-5647.
- Morancho B, et al. (2016) Oncotarget, 7(42) :67956-67965.
- Zacarias-Fluck, M, et al. (2015) J Natl Cancer Inst, 107 (5): djv020.
- Parra-Palau, J. Ll, et al. (2014) J Natl Cancer Inst, 106, dju291.
- Angelini, PD, et al. (2013) Cancer Res, 73, 450-458.
- PhD in life sciences.
Experience and knowledge
- Experience in translational oncology research.
- Experience with cellular and animal models for oncology research
- Experience in animal experimentation
- Experience in molecular biology techniques
- Good communication skills, fluent English
- At least one first author publication in a prestigious journal
- Autonomous planning and execution of the research project assigned
- Use of molecular biology, cell culture techniques and animal models
- Presentation of research results in internal and external meetings
Under the leadership of Josep Tabernero, the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), has established itself as a comprehensive cancer center of proven excellence internationally. It is also thanks to VHIO’s optimal organizational structure based on a purely multidisciplinary and translational model that VHIO talents continue to anticipate and tackle the many unresolved questions in combatting this multifaceted and heterogeneous disease.
Located within the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus, our researchers closely collaborate and interact with Vall d’Hebron physician-scientists. Translational science and clinical research are therefore tightly connected which promotes superb interaction and teamwork which, in turn, accelerates the bench-bedside-bed cycle of knowledge. This privileged environment affords VHIO direct access to patients as well as the entire spectrum of oncology professionals who care for them, and a second-to-none appreciation of how cancer science can translate into more powerful, targeted treatments and better practice for the care of patients.
VHIO’s pioneering model and programs, coupled with its belief in combining strengths through cross-border collaborations, continue to spur advances in reversing cancer resistance, halting metastatic spread, and more effectively treating even the most undruggable tumor types.
VHIO’s translation toward precision oncology: http://www.vhio.net
Vall d’Hebron Institute Oncology (VHIO) endorses the Requirements and Principles of the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers promoted by the European Commission and follows Equal Opportunities policies.
On 10th April 2018 VHIO was awarded the “HR Excellence in Research” logo. Our Institute was consequently granted permission to use the HR Excellence in Research Award logo as demonstration of its stimulating and favourable work environment in line with the Charter & Code.