José Antonio Seoane – Role of chromatin regulatory genes in breast cancer
- Speaker: José Antonio Seoane, Instructor, Curtis Lab, Cancer Computational and Systems Biology Group, Stanford Cancer Institute, California, EE.UU
- Talk title: Role of chromatin regulatory genes in breast cancer
- Date & time: Tuesday 22th September, 16:00h
- Chair: Sandra Peiró, Principal Investigator of VHIO’s Chromatin Dynamics in Cancer Group
- Host: Josep Tabernero, VHIO’s Director, Head of the Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Tumors Group
Throughout his doctoral training, he focused on methods development and application for bioinformatics and machine learning approaches. During his postdoctoral training José Antonio Seoane contributed to the development of machine learning based approaches and applied them to cardiovascular and cancer genetic data. His current interest are in the development of methods to investigate how different layers of (epi)genomic data can be integrated in order to establish a holistic view of the molecular mechanisms underlying cancer initiation, progression and drug resistance.